AVIC411.com

sound quality problems

Right now I am currently running on stock speakers up front and pioneer speakers in the rear. Car is Scion tC. My friend I hooked her tC with an eclipse avn5500 and it sounds amazing for stock speakers. I just got my amp back so im running a 12" RE SX powered by a RF T10001BD, and the bass just doesnt sound like it use to be when I had my alpine HU. Or maybe I'm just not use to the bass yet. I cant wait to get some components up front with an amp powering it and hopefully SQ can return.

Ive tried adjusting everything, EQ, sound stage, loudness, it all just doesnt sound right.

Anyone having this problem too?

Oh yeah one more thing, with the subwoofer at low volume it sounds fine as I turn up the HU, the sub barely gets any louder, like its not following the volume knob. Whats the problem with that? Is it from the 2v preouts?

Yeah I know the Alpine had 4v preouts...

But I will deal with the gain when I build that new box for a new sub I am getting. But even with that the subwoofer sounds so punchy unlike before, the bass just doesn't have a smooth transition as it used to.

With the speakers I will deal with that when I get some Focal components in a few weeks, and then amp that and I wont have to deal with the pioneer deck for sound quality.