AVIC411.com

D3 in Saab 9-2x (same as Subaru WRX) installation pics

I recently installed D3 with XM in my 2005 Saab 9-2x (this is pretty much the same vehicle as Subaru Impreza WRX).

I am not so familiar with car tweaking and installations so it took me a while to figure out how to connect (actually locate) the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) and reverse signals. All I could find at various sites were the instructions to find the ECM (Engine control module) and look for VSS there. Finally, the Crutchfield tech support emailed me a couple of diagrams that helped me locate the ECM. So to help others looking for VSS and reverse I took a couple of pics during the installation.

The ECM is underneath the carpet on the passenger side of the car, below the glove box. VSS is pin #1 on the 22 pin connector for turbo models (see pics).

The reverse wire is the brown/yellow wire located behind the passenger side kick guard (location shown in the first pic, to the right of the EMC).

Once I located the wires installation was a breeze. I placed the XM unit underneath the passenger seat. Both antennae are near the VIN label. Signal strength is excellent for both the XM and the GPS.

Hope this helps someone.

post-5244-1287275208326_thumb.jpg

post-5244-12872752084279_thumb.jpg

post-5244-12872752085021_thumb.jpg