AVIC411.com

05 Altima D1 Install

Nice. I just did a D2 in 05 Altima. Rather tricky, and you'll have to let me know which screw holes you used on the factory mounting bracket to install the D1. If it's the same as with my D2, there will be a rather big gap. I put several washers behind the mounting screws, and that helped alittle bit.

The VSS wire is on the bigger factory harness. Looking at the wire side, it will be on the bottom right, far corner, and it should be light pink. I called crutchfield, but they said that wasn't it, but I hooked it up and the speed sense confirms that is the VSS wire.

To install factory steering wheel controls, use the factory harness plug that IS NOT used by the aftermarket D1/D2. It will only have 3 wires, that controls the entire LEFT side of your steering wheel controls.

Bypass was simple, as there are tons of other threads here as well. Just be careful removing the "cellular mute" wire, as I bent the connector, but was still able to re-bend it and use it. I'll include pics of my install this afternoon.

Good luck, and PM me if you need some help.