AVIC411.com

NAVIGATION IS WAY OFF

How do I get this D3 NAV to work properly? I have a 03 Lincoln LS and the NAV is way off with the VSS unhooked. The NAV shows I am like 5 miles back from where I really am. I just installed this so Im not sure if Im mising a step here. I thought the NAV would work with the VSS unhooked but be off by a little, not 5-10 miles. Thanks.

If the VSS wire is not hooked up, the navigation system will not realize that the car is moving at all, and will be unable to track position.

I will give that a shot, but cant this unit work w/o the VSS and still be somewhat accurate?

Thats not true.

The navi uses the satellites to see if the unit is moving. Check your satellite signal. Go to 'Hardware info' -> 'Connection status' and see how many satellites you have. If you don't have the VSS hooked up and you have a bad signal, you are going to get inaccurate navigation.

Once you get the VSS hooked up, it really improves the navigation when you have a bad satellite signal. Also, the navi is new so it needs time to calibrate. Once you've had it for a while the internal gyros will calibrate and improve the accuracy.

pioneer navi's work fine without the vss, try resetting your unit, and make sure your antenna is in a good spot. but if you want to hook it up(and it definitely does work better) try this:

Speed Sense white/black driver kick, 20 pin plug, pin 9

May only be present on vehicles equipped with Parking Aid Module.

misfit and sportsfan, thanks a ton for the replies. It all turned out to be a bad GPS signal. I moved the antenna w/o hooking up the VSS and the unit is dead on. I am getting 7 of 7 bars now. I was getting 1 of 7 before. The navigation is great on this unit now!!!

whered you move the gps antenna from where to where on your sedan?

it was by the rear view mirror up by the window tint. I placed it on the dash now right up by the windshield and hid the wiring int he dash so you can barely notice it. GPS works great now.