AVIC411.com

Got the z1 installed fine, though it's damn bright at night!! I double checked the settings (day look/automatic) and time (EST) and everything was correct.

I figure this has somethign to do with the ILL wire, since It is disconnected when I couldn't find which color wire it was (it was also why I coudl not install the bypass I bought)

Any idea of what the ILL wire from the car looks like on a 2002 A4 Turbo?

Also, stupid question, but I decided I would ask it here as well before I research the forums, with the bypass, do I just cut and ground the parkng brake wire? (I had an N2 and so the parking brake wire is still connected)

EDIT: Ok got the parking brake question answered - I just cut it and leave it hanging. I checked a few websites and the headlight fickering posts and still a little confused. Do I connect the ILL wire from the harness to the head light wire or the 12V wire connected to the unit?

Radio Illumination gray/blue (dimmer) + radio harness

Exactly!

It's part of one of the connectors that is for the stock stereo if I remember correctly.... I have a B6 A4 USP and that's where mine was...

I didnt bother to hook up the VSS though... not REALLY needed.

I saw that it is off the back of the instrument cluster. Too lazy.

Take some pics of your setup, I'd love to see it.

Misfit - Thanks for the note. That helps alot.

I tried to upload pictures, but I guess they're too big. If you want to take a lok, send me a pm and I can send it to you.

Basically, I have a custom faceplace so it's pretty flush with the unit. I got all my dash trim rewrapped in balck CF so I am going to get my faceplate wrapped in the same for continuity. For the ipod adapter is routed to come out ounder the brake handle for an OEM look.

Thanks for the help guys!