AVIC411.com

Problems ejecting Navi DVD / Where to get navi discs

Hi, I just got a Avic-D1 w/o the harnesses, and I'm testing it out to make sure everything works. The problem I'm having is for some reason, the navi disc won't eject. Since I don't have the harnesses, I have the 12 volt, acc, and ground wires connected to a computer power supply right now. Is there something wrong with the headunit, or do I need to attach another wire? Also, does the parking brake wire use ground of +12?

Also, does anyone know where I can get navi discs without having to spend $250 for a set from Pioneer?

Thanks in advance.

if you have no connector and your just sticking wires in there your gonna short something out

I know the pinout of the power harness though... I'm not just putting in wires wherever I please. Anyways, if anyone knows what's going on with the head unit please let me know.

If you stole it

That's my point...............not saying that you did, but I mean if it IS legitimate, then there should be no problem getting a new harness.

OK, everyone please stop making assumptions. Here's what happened: I bought this headunit off a ebay seller who does wholesale lots. It didn't come with anything except the headunit itself. I have a harness on order, but I only have 7 days from when I recieved it to send the headunit back if it has any problems which is why I'm trying to test it out asap. Anyways, it seems like the bottom dvd drive just doesn't want to eject and the face sometimes doesn't want to fold back up so it seems like I'm going to have it sent back. Thanks for everyones help though.

If the face doesn't fold up, its defective. Send it back. If the disk doesn't come out, its probably because they locked the disk in

The disc was locked in. As for the face, it sometimes takes a few tries to fold back up, which is rather strange. Anyways, thanks for disc lock suggestion, it really helped.