AVIC411.com

Having a problem with D-3 sitting flush on my 04 F-150

I have the correct Metra kit. On the side brackets there are only 2 holes I can get lined up to put screws in on each side.. should there be more? Problem is when I get it screwed and and go to put the dash peice back on... it doesnt want to clamp down. I've tried to see whats stopping it, I'm pretty sure its the rectangle peice that goes over the head unit. I even cut the screw hole peices off that part to see if thats what was causing it, and it still didnt work. Any ideas?

i've done tons of these. they're like the easiest install, real simple and look great. make sure all the clips holding the dash bezel in are on it and not still in the holes on the dash. sometimes when you remove that panel the clips dont come off with it and stay in the holes

I have the correct Metra kit. On the side brackets there are only 2 holes I can get lined up to put screws in on each side.. should there be more? Problem is when I get it screwed and and go to put the dash peice back on... it doesnt want to clamp down. I've tried to see whats stopping it, I'm pretty sure its the rectangle peice that goes over the head unit. I even cut the screw hole peices off that part to see if thats what was causing it, and it still didnt work. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with the Metra kit for my C6 Corvette. I had to drill new holes in the Metra mounting brackets to get everything to line up with the holes in the D3.

did my install today in my 07 f-50 supercrew put the d-3 in ,sirius sat radio ,pac steering wheel interface, ipod interface, did not put in the rear view camera dont see a use for it for myselfcool oy though.bypass etc.soldered everything up and fired it up and she works great the gps takes a little getting used too i found my way home from work it wanted to go a different way at first I recalculated and it figured it out.everything works great on this thing i watched a movie from my ipod,sat radio works great.the only thing i have to get is a resistor to get rid of the thump from the factory subwoofer when I power up.

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this list

Dave