AVIC411.com

Thinking of Buying the Z1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abes of maine in NYC, $1579 in stock. I ordered mine through them. They shipped same or next day (I don't remember and I had it in NJ the day after that).

[url=http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct~id~pravicz1.htm]http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct~id~pravicz1.htm[/url]
[quote name="allen504tke"]Wait you're in NJ what county? How much for the flasher if I come pick it up?

Also how much was shipping from Abes?
[/quote]

I'm at the very northern tip of morris county. The flasher is still $30. My shipping costs are $0.63 for the postage. So technically I could save you $0.63 but for an ammount so trivial it's easier to just say $30.

And Abes of maine is free ground shipping with that unit. You might not have to pay sales tax either. I don't remember.
[quote name="allen504tke"]Oh for .63 I think I will just order it from you. Damn gas prices are rising up soon anyway. I just have to wait till tonight b4 I order the z1, see if my friends shop will give me a price :lol:. I appreciate the help & look forward to dealing with you for the circuit flasher :P[/quote]

Yah, shipping is pretty cheap for these things as long as I stay away from overnight or whatever. Good luck on the price for the unit and if you are that close where you would have thought about driving to get one shipping from me should take a day or 2 at the latest. All the info to order one is right here:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166[/url]
[quote name="allen504tke"]I called Abes and ordered it but I also got the extended warranty along with it, should I have not got the extended warranty? :([/quote]

Well it's a gamble. If it breaks you will be so happy you got the warranty. If it lasts for 5 years, it was a waste of money. I got it. It's got a hard drive in a motor vehicle. Those components can't be great bedfellows. Who knows. Hopefully you won't need it, but if you do, I'll bet it will ber VERY expensive to repair or repalce. And if in 5 years if it dies they might not have any Z1's you might get a replacement Z3 or what ever is out then.
[quote name="allen504tke"]I called Abes and ordered it but I also got the extended warranty along with it, should I have not got the extended warranty? :([/quote]

How much was the warranty?

I didn't purchase the warranty. When I found out that you have to pay for the repairs out of pocket and then trust the warranty company to reimburse you I wasn't too confident in that. Pioneer only has 2 locations that repair the AVIC-Z1 so you have to ship it out as oppose to taking it to a local repair center.
Ooops, I forgot to log in.....the last post was mine.

I didn't purchase the warranty. When I found out that you have to pay for the repairs out of pocket and then trust the warranty company to reimburse you I wasn't too confident in that. Pioneer only has 2 locations that repair the AVIC-Z1 so you have to ship it out as oppose to taking it to a local repair center.

Lil Red
[quote name="Lil Red"]Ooops, I forgot to log in.....the last post was mine.

Lil Red[/quote]

I don't remember but I think it was $199 for 5 years (at least what they offered me). I think the prices have changed, but the price is also much lower than when I bought mine too. I suppose it was better than nothing. And it was about 10% of the purchase price. So it doesn't seem like a deal. You think 1 out of 10 of these will die in five years? I guess it's a deal for them.
[quote name="mj2351"]I paid $175 for a 3 year warranty. :([/quote]

Well with that $199 for the 5 year it cost me $1895 for the Z1 and they were the cheapest around when I bought mine. So don't feel too bad. Next week they were $1600. :(