AVIC411.com

Noob w/ some noob questions: D3 Install

Hi guys, cool site here, just have a few questions that I couldnt find via search. I've read a number of reviews that blast the "one disc" ability, which is fine, I only use Sirius and Ipod anyway. Do you lose the ability to do everything else when the nav is running? Also, I currently have the pioneer 780mp installed on my 04 accord, would it be a fairly simple swap out for the wiring harness or is there alot more involved? How is the SQ on this unit, my current HU is pretty good, I just don't want a loss of SQ in lieu of the nav. I'm sure I'll have more, and thanks in advance!

You don't lose anything when the navi is running. The only thing that happens is the volume of whatever you're listening to is muted/attenuated. And that can be turned off. As far as sq goes, it's acceptible. The preout voltage is about half what the 780 is so the gains on any amps will have to be adjusted. As far as wiring goes, you can't just plug the 780 harness into the d3, so you're going to have to rewire the harness. not a big deal though, just match the colors up.

Any advice on where to find a wealth of wiring harnesses? I have the color code on mine, just not the actual location of the wires. I've read I have to hook up the VSS, and reverse. But in the bypass you ground the revers and mute? Is the reverse omitted from normal procedure when you do the bypass? Are any other wires unique to the Nav install vs a typical HU install?

Reverse Light green + driver kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense blue/white ECM/PCM

The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. On the 4 cylinder models the VSS wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 26. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 11.