AVIC411.com

D3 and pac-swips compatibility

is anyone else having problems with this combination? ive had the swips for as long as i had my 9800bt and everything worked great. when i made the swap i lost steering wheel controls. ive seen someone post here that had no problems on his nissan and i swear i saw someone else that had problems on a different setup. any help is appreciated, thanks

I haven't had much luck with mine either. See my post listed below, we have similar vehicles. It's supposed to be compatible. When I program it, my volume cranks up to max all by itself, and no buttons work... I'm going to call Pac Audio this week and talk to them directly.

PAC SWI-PS need help programming for Hummer H2

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5835

I talked with Pac Audio today they mentioned that SWI-PS may have compatibility issues with Metra VT-GMOS-04 GM Class II Data bus Interface (for door chime and On Star). One known issue is buttons lose functionality or operate for no reason. I was given a remedy by using a SPDT relay to connect the SWI-PS and the Metra power.

85- Metra Red Acc power wire

86- Gnd

87- Yellow 12v wire from D3

30- SWI-PS Red Acc power wire

It may be a while before I rip it apart and try. Hope this helps someone!