AVIC411.com

2006 Hyudai Tiburon GT Limited & Amp

I installed my Z1 into a 2006 Tiburon GT Limited. The GT-L includes a 440 watt amp, which I didn't realize works all speakers in the vehicle, not just the sub in the trunk. The connections in the harness for the 4 cabin speakers (RF, LF, RR, LR) all go directly to the amp.

Has anyone worked on this before? Right now my volume control is very limited (it seems like anything past 8 will blow speakers).

Thanks!

there's a few options at your disposal:

1. rewire the car from your factory amp to your radio (amp is behind the rear quarter panel by your left rear speaker)

2. grab some rcas and cut them with about 2 inches of wire left...tap the rca's into your factory radio harness (or if you have a wire harness purchased from circuit city, best buy, crutchfield, whoever) connected to your speaker wires. plug the rca's into your radio that way you don't have a high level signal going into your factory amp.

3. get a 4 channel amp and just bypass the factory amp, won't be too hard since you already have the speaker connections in the rear of the car.