AVIC411.com

I've looked through the many bypass threads here and none could help me. The problem i have is my hideaway unit doesnt have a silver sticker on the bottom like the others. It does however have a white serial number sticker with pioneer information on it.

Im wondering if the 2006 models of the N3 had a switch and now the new ones (07 models) dont. I came to this conclusion; being I have heard that some people who just recently had it installed as of last month (march 07) they didnt need to bypass it at all. And they could watch movies and control the nav while driving.

Im getting my unit installed Monday April 13th, and any help you guys could provide would be most valuable.

Im guessing since there is no silver sticker on the back maybe i just ground the break wire and thats it?

I just found this online :D

Now, here's the hack:

1. (involved pulling headunit from dash)

2. Remove the four tiny screws on the face plate of the headunit.

a. You will need to slide the sleeve to the rear of the headunit.

3. Remove the silver sticker that is on the bottom of the unit. Congratulations. You have voided your warranty.

4. Now that the sticker is removed, you will see a black switch. With a small (really small) bladed screwdriver, slide the little switch to the left.

5. Next, you'll need to ground the light green parking brake wire to a negative wire on the car. I found a run of the wire near my iPod adpator and spliced it into the black wire of the adaptor.

6. Put the headunit back into the dash and screw everything back together.

7. Reset the headunit (make sure the Nav DVD is loaded).

Congratulations, you can now watch a DVD while driving (don't crash). You can also take full control of all of the Nav menus while under way.

-----------------------------------------------

Im very noob when it comes to this stuff so im gonna have the installer handle this. I will however have him hook it up first to assure it works before pulling off the sticker. I figure if the unit happens to have a issue within the 1 year ill then buy the sticker off ebay and replace it. Hopefully all will work ok :D

Thanks for the help so far ill get you guys a before and after pic!

Just got my AVIC-N3 installed today. Flipped the switch grounded the break wire. All is running fine. :)

Im just curious to discover why when a dvd movie plays the sound mostly comes from the back, but navigation, radio, cd's, etc the sound is fine.

Weird.