AVIC411.com

back-up camera in 06 f250 using my auxillary switch

i have a avic-d2 in my 06 f250 i want to install a back-up camera in the horse trailer and i want to switch it on with one of my four auxillary switches while i am driving down the road so i can check on the horses. or can i hook up a wireless camera and use the avic as my screen. i would still somehow have to hook it to my auxillary switch so i can turn it on when i want to, since i can't put it in reverse going down the road. any help would be appreciated.

Before the AVICS were ever around, I was putting in fold down monitors and hooking up 4 sequential cameras in Horse trailers. The easiest way to do this is like this.

If you have more than two cameras, it gets kinda complicated--but not impossible. If you have two cams, just use a toggled 12v line (A or B) that will power either camera INDEPENDANTLY. That way, you can choose to see the video from either and whenever. (truck or all the cams from trailer)

If you want more than those two cam's, then you need a video sequential box. (Basically it takes in up to four cams and outputs one, or two or even split screen)

Finally, the wiring. The way that worked the easiest for me was adding another 7 way connecter on the back of the truck. Use the 7 pins for each cams video out. That would be like 2/cam. The center for +12v. So what I did was individually wire from the sequencer box in the truck all the wires to the 7way plug. (That will make a solid connection between the truck and trailer) Then go from the trailer male plug to the cams.

http://www.obserview.com/accessories.asp

The above site has the stuff...

Tom