AVIC411.com

E46 D3 Install

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I've found the search engine on this forum is not the most powerful (not to mention, I've searched... apologies to the forum admin.. no insult intended)

Hey Misfit...

Quick question... have you every done a D3 in an E46 (325 CiC)??? I really thinking about moving from my carputer to a D3 (I like the menus... just wish they could be changed to what I'm used to)... anyway... I'd likely use Sirius, BTB200 & the PAC-SWIX (??).

Do you have any recommendations for the install??? I'm currently using the internal (non HK) amp with the system and a separate amp 8" for sub. Wanting full steering wheel funcionality (hence the PAC).

Also.... if you've done one, how did you find the A/C vent mod??? I was thinking of softening the abs with a heat gun rather than cutting it.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. If you were near British Columbia.. I'd have you do the work!

wow, a post directed specifically to me? actually, you are barking up the wrong tree on this one. i'm a little euro challenged. not a big fan of working on bmw or benz. i'm sure someone else on here could help you better than me. sorry, but thanks for the confidence

If you would like detailed information on a double din install for an E46 search http://www.e46fanatics.com/ and you will find a plethora of information and a lot more. Great site!

I am getting the D3 installed in my 2001 330i in the next couple weeks. The D3 is in route to my house today. :D I am also putting in the Pioneer XM box, bluetooth audio, and the I-Pod adapter. I have been thinking long and hard about the steering wheel control unit, but haven't made up my mind since I don't use the steering wheel controls right now. I think the radio is close enough to use my right hand, plus I have a 5spd so my hand is near the radio anyway.

I am NOT doing this myself, I am getting a custom install by a great shop. I'll let you know how it goes.