AVIC411.com

Have an AVIC D3 installed with iPod cable, Bluetooth, rear view camera and bypass. Everything works great.

However, the AM/FM radio reception is way worse than the stock unit I replaced. The unit is installed in a GM vehicle, so I have the antenna wire adapter. I rechecked the antenna connections but that did not help.

Every once and a while I would like to be able to use the radio to listen to a ballgame, and it isn't worth signing up to XM for baseball and Sirius for football.

Is this normal or is there something else I can try to improve reception?

Crutchfield didn't have a harness for this car.

But you started me thinking some more. I looked at the shop manual and there looks like some active electronics back by the AM and diversity FM antenna.

I will connect the power antenna wire to the antenna enable signal. There is another wire in the factory harness called "FM composite signal" that goes to this module. It is not a coax. Any idea what I should do with that wire?

Thanks!

Check this out: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthr ... nna+enable.

Looks like I need the power antenna output of the AVIC D3 to run the "Antenna Enable" of the active antenna module in the car AND I need to generate a signal that is +0V for AM and +5V for FM for the "FM Composite" signal input.

How would a professional installer handle this one?