AVIC411.com

We just finished installing the AVIC-D3 with bluetooth adaptor, ipod adaptor and XM radio and Navtraffic. Everything looks good and works well but when you turn on the car, there is this constant scratching noise. We used the harness allowing us to utilize the manufators amp.

Any thoughts as to what is causeing the scratching noise?

Thanks.

can you post some photos of your installed d3?

thanks.

We just finished installing the AVIC-D3 with bluetooth adaptor, ipod adaptor and XM radio and Navtraffic. Everything looks good and works well but when you turn on the car, there is this constant scratching noise. We used the harness allowing us to utilize the manufators amp.

Any thoughts as to what is causeing the scratching noise?

Thanks.

something is wired wrong

Thank you for the non-informative response.

And to answer your response, everything is wired correctly according to Pioneer and Crutchfield and they have heard of this before but have not yet found a resolution that is why I have come here to see if anyone else has the same or simular issue.

can you post some photos of your installed d3?

I'll try to get some tonight.

well... it could be a ground issue

if u put the car in ACC and say turn your headlights on, does the sound change? do you get any engine whine when you drive?

i had a small issue like yours when i first got everything running... turned out to be an issue with my HPF on one of my amps

Yeah resort to name calling. THat's a great way to get ignored by the people who can fix your problem. He was making a simple statement. That's all nothing more. Which by the way, yes that is a common problem in ampped toyotas, yes I know how to fix it, but with the attitude you've shown, I think I'll just keep that info to myself. Have fun.

Yeah resort to name calling. THat's a great way to get ignored by the people who can fix your problem. He was making a simple statement. That's all nothing more. Which by the way, yes that is a common problem in ampped toyotas, yes I know how to fix it, but with the attitude you've shown, I think I'll just keep that info to myself. Have fun.

RIGHT ON!!!

My thoughts as well, what an asshole.

My intent was not to be rude but a response that just says that it is wired wrong does not help. My intent was not to be rude but to ask for more detailed assistance. I have been working on this for over a week and have not gotten anywhere. You can imagine how frustrating it is (I am sure most if not all have been there atleast once).

If I put the car in ACC and turn the lights on the sound does not change. I do receive a slight engine whine when I drive.

Thank you to all who are willing to assist.

Hello there, I installed my D2 in an avalon, when using the harness. make sure that the speaker wires from the D3 harness dont touch each other, try to put some tape on them. That was a problem I had with a similar noise. also make sure that there are no wires behind the fan of the unit. That should solve your problem.