AVIC411.com

Avic D3: Questions about FM radio in US differs from Europe

Hey Guys.

I'm from the Netherlands and I want to buy a AVIC D3 in America. The Avic d3 is a lot cheaper then in europe.

My main concern is about the FM radio. I hope you guys can help me out.

I heard that the range of the FM frequency is different then in europe. Can anybody tell me what range for the FM band you use in the US?

(like FM 88.00 - 106.00?)

And another thing. We use radio channels like. 102.3 and 90.9 can any of you can try this out if you can get your radio to tune in on this frequencies.

Many thanks! :D

The range you listed sounds about right. All of our radio stations have the tenths decimal spot. For example, I programmed 96.1 and 99.7 as presets.

The only thing you may have problems with is some possible incompatibilites in signal type.. But I'm no expert.

Throughout the world, the broadcast band is 87.5 to 108.0 MHz, or some portion thereof. In the U.S. it is 87.9 to 107.9 MHz. Japan is the only exception, using exclusively its own unique 76 to 90 MHz band with 0.1 MHz channel spacing. Hince the reason none of us would want to by a radio made for the Japanese Market. :)

The 200-kilohertz spacing, and the fact that they center on odd numbers is completely arbitrary and was decided by the FCC. In Europe, the FM stations are spaced 100 kilohertz apart instead of 200 kilohertz apart, and they can end on even or odd numbers. So like they said you may end up missing some channels. (if you cant change the Area)

Hope this helps.