AVIC411.com

Avic-Z1 for Europe?

Ok this is probably one of the most difficult Questions. But i hope somebody can help me to fix my problem. I live in switzerland (europe) and bought the AVIC-Z1 to use it in my country.

1. Problem with Region Code 1. Is it possible to change it with e.g. software- tool or button combintaion while start up? Code Free DVD's works fine.

2. How is it possible to install a Europe Map Software? I burned the CNDV-50MT on a dual layer dvd, is this software compatible to AVIC-Z1? How to install? The disk is unreadable in AVIC-Z1.

Hope somebody understand my terrible english. Thanks for help.
Thank you for your advice. I know the AVIC-HD1BT is the european version of the AVIC-Z1. It would be perfect to make a 1:1 copy of the harddrive. And i asked Pioneer to help me but Pioneer told me they cant help me or i mean, they dont want to help me :roll: AVIC-Z1 is for U.S and not for europe but the european model is very expensive ($3000 an more) thats why i'm looking for another solution. I dont know somebody with a AVIC-HD1BT
sorry i didnt realise that you have already bought it. i think this is imposible because there are diferent systems. also you cant use dvd of europe. the only solution that i can offer, is to sell the us version, by ebay, and buy europes version.

before buying the usa version y must asked for compatibility information.

:) byeeee
Just out of curiousity, does the Euro version use the TeleAtlas maps or NavTeq? I know that NavTeq is more prominent in Europe. I lived in Andulucia for a few years, near El Puerto de Santa Maria.....absolutely beautiful country out there. I miss it very much.
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know for [b]certain [/b]that the H1BT is completely different hardware-wise? If so, then not a whole lot you could do. However, the units [i]appear [/i]very similar -- yes, I know all the differences would be under the skin -- just kinda' wondering out loud what would happen if you purchased a 'replacement' for the 'damaged' hard drive from Pioneer for your H1BT and installed it in your Z-1? Just a thought? If you did this and it didn't work, you'd be out what, $400-$500 (depending on what Pioneer charges) and could likely sell it on eBay UK?
  • 2 years later...
I have sucessfully updated a HD1BT to HD3-II HD3-2 firmware software. I bought a HD3-II and a HD1BT and followed the instructions on this forum for Z1 - Z3 upgrade. I used a Toshiba MK6034GAX 60GB disk with enlarged music partition. Will try Toshiba MK8032GAX 80GB disk soon (1-2 weeks).
The US Z-models and European HD1/HD3 models are almost the same hardware-wise, apart from the Tuner section. The european units have RDS and TMC, with traffic re-direct, and a different frequency grid.
Also the DVD region code is different of course.

Other then that, the navigation part is the same....
  • 1 year later...
I don't know why we can use a map for Europe on Z2, I don,t know why is this shit with DVD zone and all that compatibility stuff. A friend from America bought a Z2 as a gift for me and only problems with it. A China DVD player knows all the DVD zones, has USB, bluetooth, TV tuner very good maps and upgrade posibilities and it costs about 300-400 euro~ 450 US dolars. I'm thinking to sell the Z2 and never buy Pioneer.