AVIC411.com

D3 options...3D maps and security??

hello i just bought a D3 and i had 2 questions i could not figure out....does the d3 offer any 3D maps. i thought i saw the d3 in 3D mode, but maybe it was a different model. i can see that the d3 offers 2D maps. if there is a way can someone direct me into how to do it.

my other question is are there any security features on the D3. like if the power wire is disconnected, it requires a code, or some way to track it in the event of a theft? or anything else like this. if so can you explain them to me and how to do it. thanks a lot!

There are no security features.

false... read the manual page 129

You can set a password for the navigation system. If the backup lead is cut or the reset button is pressed after the password is set, the navigation system prompts for the password next bootup.

read that page for the details on how to set it up... that was the first thing i setup on mine

Sorry. Guess I missed that chapter (way too far back in the manual for me).

On the 3D map thing:

There isn't a real 3D version, but there is one that simulates a Driver's View. (for those that are counting, that's page 35 of the manual).

The only way I can describe it is to imagine you have a map in front of you, hold the flat at eye level then tilt it slightly so you can see the roads. Then imagine you are driving along the map. That's how it looks.

I'm not a fan of Driver's View myself but I'm sure someone is.

• 2 months later...
There are no security features.

false... read the manual page 129

You can set a password for the navigation system. If the backup lead is cut or the reset button is pressed after the password is set, the navigation system prompts for the password next bootup.

read that page for the details on how to set it up... that was the first thing i setup on mine

i'm unable to get myself into the area 1, 2, 3 section on my unit. :(