AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 Freezing on Pioneer Logo

My AVIC-D3 has been working fine for a month or two. Lately though, when I start up my car, it sometimes will freeze on the start up Pioneer logo. The radio still functions and if I press the knob, it will switch sources(to iPod, etc.) but it won't come off of the Pioneer screen. Does anybody know what might be causing this?

Update:

The navi sometimes "reboots" itself randomly.

I've also had it give me blank maps sometimes for certain zooms of maps (for example: at 10mi view itll be blank, but at 20mi view it will show the map).

It probably isn't the iPod because it has frozen up without the iPod connected. I don't recall if I've tried it without the navi disc. Could a corrupt/damaged navi disc really cause the whole thing to freeze up and get stuck on that Pioneer screen?

Like I mentioned, the functions always work, such as pressing the arrows to go to next/previous song, volume, etc. It's just that the screen stays on the Pioneer logo.

I'm going to try burning a back-up of the navi disc(I backed it up on my computer when I purchased it just incase). I really hope that solves it because I don't want to have to pull it out and warranty it :x

You didn't buy this product on ebay did you? Might be a defective disc drive.

No, I purchased it from Crutchfield. I thought it might be the disc drive and I'm not sure how else I can test it, besides putting DVD's in there, like movies, and seeing if they freeze up as well.

I'm just hoping that it is just the navi DVD, because I really don't want to have to take the unit out and ship it to them.