AVIC411.com

bluetooth update problem

hi. i downloaded and burned the file from 5minntech.com and was able to copy it to my desktop without a problem. however, when i put it in my z1, nothing happens. i pressed MAP but nothing. what do i have to do to have it run the cd? Thank you.

the file you downloaded is a "ZIP" file. It is basically a file with several (many) files compressed into the one. WindowsXP, as well as third party programs such as WinZIP and WinRAR will uncompress the files. Then you burn the CD with all these separated files.

Put the disk in the computer and look at it? What's on it? one file or many? If it's one file which one?

It's a zip file which needs to be unzipped, which will give you an iso file. You can't make an data cd with the iso file on it you need a burning program like nero or whatever to burn the iso, which will give you a disk with 100's of files in many directories. If you didn't do that, it's your problem.

It's a zip file which needs to be unzipped, which will give you an iso file. You can't make an data cd with the iso file on it you need a burning program like nero or whatever to burn the iso, which will give you a disk with 100's of files in many directories. If you didn't do that, it's your problem.
wow, deja vu, db! ;)
wow, deja vu, db! ;)

hi. i did unzip it and it was an ISO file and i used Nero to burn the image. anything else i could be doing wrong?

there are 3 folders with many files and 3 files..a total of 103 files and 14 folders including subfolders (133MB)

Well then you burned the iso right. If hitting MAP doesn't do anything I would say that it's a brand of CD that might not read correctly in the Z1. Or try burning at 1X or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has to be one of the following things:

Bad Media or burn (burn on different media or call Pioneer and request an official one),

Bad procedure (you are not pressing map or not inserting the disk right side up, sorry I had to say it, even though it's a very low possibility),

or

Bad Avic (replace Avic or try disk in another unit)

I can't think of anything else that would cause the problem, either the disk, the user or the Avic. Start taking things out of the equation.

When i burned the iso using nero, my computer crashed when I tried to copy the files onto the computer to test the CD. So I mounted the ISO using disc daemon, then burned the files directly instead of using the image. That CD copied fine. I guess try that?