AVIC411.com

Where did you guys mount your GPS Antenna?

Hey guys,

I'm going to be installing my AVIC-D3 next week. I just wanted to get some feedback and ideas as to where you guys mounted your GPS Antenna? I really don't want to do it on the roof but I also wanted to find a good and clean place to mount it without losing signal (preferably out of sight)? Please let me know. Pictures would be great too!

I have my GPS and Sirius antennas under my dash and both are working great. I think as long as the dash isn't made out of metal you shouldn't have any problem with reception. I put them both on top of my A/C vents using the included sticky metal plate.

Agreed...

I put my GPS antenna under my dash and above my instrument cluster...

I had about an inch or so of dead space between the top of my instrument cluster (speedometer, tachometer, etc) and the bottom of my dashboard...

I stuck the sticky magnetic pad to the housing of the instrument cluster and then affixed the GPS antenna to that...

It was tight, but it worked and it is 100% stealth...

I am getting 8/8 bars about 75% of the time and 6/8 to 7/8 bars 25% of the time...

Good luck,

Mark