AVIC411.com

Hello everyone. I have about decided to install a D3 into my 2004 Expedition. I will be replacing Ford's premium radio with Nav, rear seat DVD. The radio has five or six various connectors. I assume for speakers, subwoofer, nav antenna, steering wheel controls, rear seat controls, etc. Does anyone know where I can find documentation on all of these connectors as well as a set of prewired connectors that I can use to patch from the wire harness to the wiring harness for the D3? Additionally, I think that I can make the steering wheel controls work with a PAC-PC. I could probably use a PAC-PC for the rear seat controls as well, but is there some way to connect the two together before connecting to the D3? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for your help MisFit. I found a lot of info on Ford radios, but nothing on the model that was in my Expedition. With a volt meter and some trial and error, I think I have figured out most of the connections (lights, reverse, speakers, power, etc.) on the back of the radio.

A few more questions if you don't mind... If I don't have a rear view camera, do I need to hook up the reverse wire... or can I disable the rear camera switching? The subwoofer connects to the radio with a single connector containing four wires. I am assuming that two would be power and ground -- the other two audio??? I can discover power and ground. Any way to figure out polarity on the audio?

Thanks in advance for your help.

if you get the metra harness i mentioned you wont need to figure out the wiring. you just match the colors. no you dont reverse if you dont have a camera. fords have an illumination and a dimmer wire, you want the one that goes 12v when the lights are on but does not dim. when you get the matra harness there is a plug for that subwoofer harness and you will see what is what. you just need to put a 3k ohm resistor between the blue/white wire from the avic and the one on the metra plug to keep the amp from "popping' when it turns on

• 1 month later...