AVIC411.com

07 Dodge Sprinter help

Need a little help with this one. I just got an 07 Sprinter for my bands travelling needs. I purchased a D-3 for navigation and DVD purposes, but the wiring on the Sprinter has me puzzled. I've installed an N1, Z1 and D1 with no issues at all, so I'm familiar with the installation of these. No expert, but familiar. Anyway, (this is actually a Mercedes product so be aware) speaker wiring and dash install are done with no issues. I have a problem locating (at least in the radio harness) a 12 volt constant and a 12 volt ACC hook up. I have a 12V constant until the key is inserted then the voltage disappears. After that I'm finding voltages of app 5V at certain areas. The only thing I am sure of in the harness is the damn ground. Anyway, the unit works. I had it running yesterday until I turned the key on and then it dropped out. BTW...this vehicle came with a bare bones Becker AM/FM/CD player in it.

Any of you have a similar experience? Suggestions please......any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Kevin

I used the harness meant for a Volkswagon and it seemed to pin up correctly. I didn't cut anything on the factory harness. I swapped the yellow and red as it said, and with it swapped it didn't power up at all. With them back in the original position it powered up and worked fine till I put the key in and then it powered down. The unit is functional and so is everything else in the vehicle so there are no fuse issues. Thanks for the reply as I can't find any info on the web about it at all.

No blown fuses, but I did check as you requested. I found an alternate 12V constant and ACC on a convenient terminal block which these vans are known to have. Would have rather hooked it up the right way, but it works like a charm so I won't complain.

Thanks for reading and for the help.

Kevin

Your right. Up to 06 they all had a single DIN opening. The 07's have room for a double din so it wasn't that hard. What was hard was finding a dash kit. I got that from England believe it or not. The 07s have been out longer there, and by chance I found it on a website after days of searching. Crutchfield wasn't even aware of the double din and they said it would be months before they had anything for me.

Anyway.....thanks for the replies.

Kevin