AVIC411.com

AVH4000NEX questions/issues

Two things.

1- Back up camera. Very confusing read in the manual on the modes. I currently have a camera installed. I have it hard wired to battery power and is triggered on by a relay to my ign wire. I have been doing electrical for years. So basiacally turn the car on, relay trips and the camera has power. I really want to be able to simply toggle the camera on and off. I dont see any option to do it other than in the settings menu. When I do, the camera wants to stay on all the time and I have to hold MODE for 5 seconds to get back. Is there really no AV shortcut or something to toggle the camera view? I am going to hook up the purple wire to my reverse light trigger tomorrow. 

2-SD card file sorting. I have a standard music library Artist-->Album-->Songs etc.. When I play all the unit starts them Alphabetically ALL SONGS. So basically when Im listening and want to take it off shuffle and just listen to that album, I cannot. It also does not allow me to skip backwards. This seems ridiculous. This is my first modern Pioneer unit in a long time. Is there no way to set sorting options? Artist, album, song track number and Alphabetically? I am using a 256gb SD card in NTFS.

Thanks in advance.

if your trying to turn on camera manually and with out going thru settings you could trigger reverse wire off head unit with a toggle switch,just diode it so it doesn't back feed to reverse lights

Thanks for the replies. Got the reverse wired up, working well. Just can't believe there's no quick toggle button in the AV menu. I dont have a navi unit so there's no map button. Actually Im not suprised, this is pioneer we're talking about.