AVIC411.com

GPS signal is Gone! Is there a fix or do I have a bad one

I got a message saying "Positioning is not possible due to the hardware. Please contact your dealer or Pioneer service center"

I read a previous thread about this and was wondering if its something that I can fix or do I have to send in my unit?

Unit will not detect a GPS signal.

I have a Pre-july 06 unit AVIC Z1 with 2 ground wire bypass with Bluetooth connector and the gps antannae mounted on the front dash.

I tried even replacing my GPS antannae but that did not work.

I had this same issue....You need to send it back to pioneer. They repaired mine and had to replace a few parts in the unit. Its not your gps ant for sure.

They charge you a flat rate of $200 but you get a 90 day warranty.

I have the same exact problem and I just sent mine to pioneer last week. Were you still able to bypass it after they fixed it? Also, what happens to your hdd, are all your music gone?

Bypass works like a charm. My unit came reset however???? My music was gone. Thats ok, but it looks like it was fresh out of the factory or something.

Probably because they didn't do the Z1 to Z2 update because that was not on the service order I requested.