AVIC411.com

TV Tuner for the N3- Is it worth the $? Which is compatable?

Anybody know if the TV Tuner for the N3 is it worth the $? I've heard some different things from installers, so now I just wanna hear what someone who has had it thinks. Also, which tuner is even compatable?

Thanks guys

The GEXP5700TV and GEXP6400TV will both work. The 7000 also will with some modification to the cable. In my area, they all suck because of the terrain. If i drive an hour north or south, they all got very clear reception. You might want to see if anyone else in your area has one to see how well it gets reception

• 4 weeks later...

hey well i saw this thread so ill just ask i have a n3 (not yet bypassed) and i wanted to know what are the compatible tv tuners and what can be installed as well with modifications , and if their is a possible one that requires modifications whats the benefit of using the one that requires moding ?

Read my post four posts above yours.

hey well i saw this thread so ill just ask i have a n3 (not yet bypassed) and i wanted to know what are the compatible tv tuners and what can be installed as well with modifications , and if their is a possible one that requires modifications whats the benefit of using the one that requires moding ?

ok so both work but the 700 requires moding the cable how ? and why , assuming my signal is crystal clear which has an advantage to the other ? ie just being newer on market or gets better chances of more channels or offers more stuff? that is what im trying to ask