AVIC411.com

Is there ANY way to defeat the Subwoofer Xover on D3??

I'm using an epicenter and it needs a full range signal to operate properly. I like having a sub output but I need to turn the crossover off. Just send the whole audio signal out the sub outs and let me handle it from there. Is that too much to ask?? Why limit it to just 50, 80, or 120 Hz? How about adding a 'defeat' or 'full range' selection and we'll all be happy!

Come on, Pioneer, $1000 and I can't turn it OFF?!? :x

Well it just so happens that I don't have the FM yet, smart guy. I don't even have the D3 yet; it will be here in a couple days. Kinda hard to read when it's not here. I suppose I could have waited and then thumbed through the manual to try to find the answer. Or...just ask the friendly helpful folks at AVIC411! It appears that snide responses are the order of the day though. I've tried searching for things in forums and it's worse than regular web searching. Just TRY to find what you're looking for! Most times there are NO relevant hits but it takes dozens of archive browsings to find that out. It's WAY easier to ask and then have somebody who does NOT have a stick up their rear to just answer and be done with it.

By the way I am aware of the option of pulling a signal off the fronts but then you lose your front end control of the sub level. Not desirable. I'd be willing to live with it though if it comes down to it.

in regards to searches on forums, especially here... it can be frustrating if you dont know how to do it! But if you take the simple approach and look in the section for which your question would likely be, ie... looking in the avic-d series section about controls on a d3 vrs looking in the z1 section; it can be much easier on you.

as for your smart alec comment back since you dont have the product yet, maybe you shouldnt be asking questions that are loaded... what i mean is, you didnt ask a question looking for a true answer, you were looking to bash pioneer for what you had 'read' or 'learned' already about the product. This is evident from the last sentence in your first post on this thread.

How about adding a 'defeat' or 'full range' selection and we'll all be happy!

Come on, Pioneer, $1000 and I can't turn it OFF?!? Mad

So, instead of talking back as if you were all rightous and such, cuz it is clear you figured something out that wasnt right, that you should relax your self, and maybe even wait till its here to read how to use it if you cant access pioneers website for the needed material.

anyways, im sure your going to flame me for this, i dont care to be honest, I only care on educating you as a user and eliminating the bashing upon users that take the time to contribute and actually read things here.

as for your smart alec comment ... you didnt ask a question looking for a true answer, you were looking to bash pioneer for what you had 'read' or 'learned' already about the product. This is evident from the last sentence in your first post on this thread.

No I'm not going to get all pi$$y about it, but the fact remains I WAS and AM looking for a real answer. I think it's ridiculous that manufacturers make these amazing decks that do everything but brush my teeth and they don't bother to build in something as simple as a 'defeat' selection on the sub menu. Virtually every amp sold these days has a built in xover and what if I want to use that and not the one in the deck while retaining level control?

Anyway I'll stop here cause I don't know exactly what the D3 will do but that's precisely what I was looking for in the first place.

I'm not here to start a fight, just want straight answers if they're known.

mmmmkay??