AVIC411.com

Illumination wire in 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP not working

I installed the D3 into my Pontiac Solstice last weekend and everything went fine, however the illumination is not working. I checked and it is turned on in the settings on the unit. I needed to install the GMOS-Lan-03 adapter to keep onstar as well as the chimes. I have connected the orange wire from the GMOS adapter to the orange ill wire on the D3 harness as per the instructions. When night falls the unit still shows daylight maps. My vehicle has daytime running lights as well. The GMOS unit had a connection for dimmer as well (which I did not hook up). Just wondering if I need to hook up the dimmer wire instead of the illumination wire. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

I do have the mode set to night time in the unit. However, when I check the hardware info (that shows signal strength etc) the illumination says off. It does not change regardless of headlight status. I believe that I may have the incorrect wire hooked up to the illumination wire (GMOS-Lan-03 directions said solid orange, I think it may be the orange and white dimmer wire instead). Other Solstice owners do have proper illumination so there is a wiring problem on my end. I was just looking for some verification from anyone who has used the GMOS-Lan-03 adapter and may have some better first hand knowledge. Thanks for your help.

twisted pair wiring in your car, where all of your lights have positive all the time, and turning the switch activates the ground?

I had the same issue. Orange to orange did nothing.

You may need to do as I did, and tap into the positive wire for the ashtray lighter bulb.

It appears that the instructions for the GMOS-LAN-03 were incorrect for this application. The correct connections are:

Orange illumination wire from head unit should be connected to the orange and white wire from the GMOS-LAN-03 harness. The solid orange wire in the GMOS-LAN-03 harness can be cut and sealed off to prevent any shorts.

I just tested this and it works perfectly. both by turning the headlights on manually as well an using the sensor. Thanks for the help and suggestions.