AVIC411.com

Is Bose really a problem

I posted about how to put a D3 in a 07 Alitma with Bose I got some great feedback on exactly how to do it. I unfourtanetly don't know how to put it in myself but the instructions were very specific. I took the instructions to the local places so they could install it and they all keep telling me that I would have to replace all the speakers in the car. something about to the ampage breaking the radio??? I told them plenty of people know and have had it done but 3 different places tell me it won't work

No you don't need to replace the speakers. The bose System on the Altimas already have an amp and its not a regular type of Amp. Don't really remember what makes it different. If I recall right the stereo is already amped and so is you speaker system or something like that but the solution was to use the Integration adapter from Scoshe. If the installer knew what they were doing they would be able to get around it. The simple way is to purchase the Nissan/Infinity factory interation adapter from Scoshe allowing you to control the output gain of 4 channels.

Check this out...

h**p://www.crutchfield.com/S-chwXCWMdgjx/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=142C4NN03

Replace the ** with tt

Hope this helps...

Really? That's all I need. That's crazy how inexpercined these people are. Thank God for people like you who know what they are doing. Thank You for the help

Some installers are trying to push you into spending money you don't need to. Just get the adapters and you will be just fine.

K

Just had the D3 installed in my 2002 Maxima w/Bose a few weeks ago. Use the adaptor from Scosche to integrate the Bose Amp with the D3. Works fine (actually better than the old headunit).

My installer wanted to remove the Bose amp and install a new one. I told him to use the kit, works fine.