AVIC411.com

AVICN1 at pioneer, with problems now....

OK, my ribbon cable went bad, so I immediatly pulled the unit and sent it off to pioneer. I get a call yesterday, that the tech replaced the ribbon cable, but found another failed part (I forget the name, but its what reads the navi discs) he says all other discs, mp3, cd, dvd will work, but not navi, so I need to replace this part. Gonna cost me $200.

I was just wondering are these people full of shit because they dont want to replace this cable for free or what? My unit worked perfectly until the screen died. NEver had any problems reading any type of disc, copied or originals. So I pull the headunit and brain and send it to them, and it magically has problems now???

Thanks for any help

Scott

well, I got the unit back from pioneer, and sure as shit, now the unit wont read dvds or navi discs. Was fine before it went to them, but they call me and tell me its my problem and is $200 to get fixed.

Thats bullshit....

I am assuming the optical block that reads the discs is bad. Does anyone know where you can buy this part at? Or does anyone have a junk parts N1 that would want to sell me a working optical unit?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...