AVIC411.com

D3 installed in 350z today....

Avic D3+bluetooth. Everything is working well, including the bypass. My only problem is the removed my Bose and didnt use the adapter so the music doesnt crank like it should...I can barely hear the audible navigation directions. Im taking it back in Wednesday to get a module installed 9they had to order) so hopefully that will resolve it. What has other Bose replacement experiences been? Did your music sound the same/better? Mine is much worse and far quiter without this module. Any input appreciated.

got a Infiniti Q45 which also had a Bose headunit and a bose amplifier. Needed a module so the installer did that (he knows the nissans pretty good and knew exactly the right module). This module uses the bose amplifier and reduces the volts from the Z1 (from 2 to 1 if I remember) when connecting to the bose amp.

Everything sounds as it should. There are controls within Z1 to reduce/increase guidance/bluetooth voice etc. volume - so once you install the adapter, play with the volume options within D3 (they should be similar to the Z1 I have) and you will get all you want.

Remember that before you removed the Bose head unit, make sure all the controls (Base, Treble, Fade etc) are in their 'middle' level so that once the bose head unit is replaced by the Z1 or D3, the volume balance is right when you start controlling everything through your D3.

Setting things at 'middle' level helps the bose amplifier (Separate from the head-unit, at least in my 1997 Q45) be configured to a mid-level and then D3 sound configurations can better produce expected output.

Thanks. It is the 'module' that they didnt do...I dont know how they hooked it up without it but he did order this part for the refit on Wednesday. He also told me that all the Bose equipment in Nissan was actually manufactured by Clarion which I thought was interesting. I did do as you suggested and increased the SLA, voice volume, beep volume, etc to max and even then they are still barely audible. I assume the module will do the trick and hopefully I will be diggin my Avic by Thursday ;)

Interesting. I was at Nissan today to get my splash guards and some other junk installed and they said the same thing...Clarion manufactures the head units for Bose. He said Bose oversees the placement of the speakers/etc but its all made by Clarion. At any rate..its no longer a Bose/Clarion..now its a Pioneer! Looking forward to my Wednesday touch up so I can hear Helga the Nav Lady guide me home.

Went back to get AVIC D3 worked on at installers today. They installed a Peripheral Electronics PLD10 Pre-Amp Boost (2 of them..front/rear) and let me tell you..that was the best 60$ Ive ever spent. When volume is at 10 the car is thumping with the factory Bose speakers...totally different experience with my AVIC now. Im satisfied and loving it. They didnt install the Nissan to Pioneer interface as it wasnt needed after the preamp...sounds great!

Congratulations! Glad you are enjoying it.

Just a clarification on the manufacturer of the Bose units.

The Bose systems in the stero units are the separate Bose amplifiers and the Bose active speakers. The head-unit is made by Clarion as others have mentioned. But the sound is amplified by a separate BOSE amplifier (on Q45, this amplifier unit is in teh middle of the rear two units) and all the speakers are ACTIVE and made by BOSE. So Nissan/infiniti decided to put the word 'BOSE' on the top of the head-unit.