AVIC411.com

What's with the "'driver's view"?

Driver's view is, in a word, DREADFUL, if not completely USELESS... It is horribly inaccurate (off by 100 to 150 feet) and the streets have no names. I have checked to make sure the speed pulse is working properly...it is. It's not just a matter of aesthetics...this type of view is (when properly implemented) particularly useful in complex intersections such as a traffic rotary, and at night. Am I missing something here? Three year old cheap TomTom did a far better job. Why isn't the "drivers view at least learning"? Is this something that could be addressed with new maps? I am not interested in hearing "get a z1/z2" or other rubbish...not when I've spent close to 2 grand including add ons and installation,,,, :cry:

Pioneer doesn't come close to matching TomTom's navigation but I'm still much happier without all the clutter from the add on TomTom and Xm radio units with all their wires hanging off the dash. Lets hope that Pioneer makes some improvements with their map updates. I doubt that the Z1 or Z2 come near the TomTom either .