AVIC411.com

GPS & Sat Radio Antenna Mounting.

Quick question for those of you running XM/Sirius along with the GPS antenna. Can they be mounted next to each other? If not, whats the distance they should be apart? Because I have pretty limited locations on my car. 2000 Trans Am with T-Tops.

they can be placed right next to each other, but the XM antenna should be outside of the vehicle for best reception (unless you live/drive in areas with nice terrestrial repeaters).

GPS antenna can go inside even under fiberglass or plastic dashboards, as long as there is no metal at all over or covering the GOS antenna.

they can be placed right next to each other, but the XM antenna should be outside of the vehicle for best reception (unless you live/drive in areas with nice terrestrial repeaters).

GPS antenna can go inside even under fiberglass or plastic dashboards, as long as there is no metal at all over or covering the GOS antenna.

What's a GOS antenna?

I have both antennas on my dashboard and it seems to work very well under all conditions. I still think the bit-rates provided by XM for sound quality are kinda of crappy. I'm a musician and a Sound Engineering enthusiast so i very picky when it comes to sound. To far the best sound outputed by my D3 has been thru the built in player.

To far the best sound outputed by my D3 has been thru the built in player.
I am happy to hear that you enjoy the annoying DJs and relentless commercials on free radio.

I myself subscribe to SatRad for variety. Im not looking for high def surround sound in my car. Maybe when I was 17 with a "boomin'" system. But to each his/her own.