AVIC411.com

The screen on my N2 just went black when I tried to switch from audio to Nav. Everything had been working perfectly, I touched the Nav button and poof, nothing. The Cd is still playing and all the lights are working. The screen retracts and extends, and the panel displays CD info.

I didn't find this problem with the search function so any help will be greatly appreciated. What could it possibly be?

It has been bypassed with solder, so I understand from postings that they charge $200 for the repair, correct? Are they going to replace the board with something that can't be bypassed and hit me for that too? :cry:

Thanks

As cntrylvr said, their is currently a recall on the flex cable, so if Pioneer Tech Support says the head unit wasnt repaired yet, then it wont cost you the $200. It is a free voluntary recall.

From other stories here also is they might replace the main board since you soldered it.

Does the Forum have any input on repairs advertised on eBay by Same Day Auto Audio Repair in Chesapeake, Va.?

Original owner says cable has not been changed. Didn't think to ask if he registered it.

The $200 is bad...but not as bad as losing the bypass permanently!!! Can't find it again (may be wrong), but seems like there was a post about someone getting a board with four contacts and no ideas on how to bypass it.

Putting the radio back in and waiting 90 days for the warranty to expire, then bypassing would be a pain the butt but doable.

Thanks,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...