AVIC411.com

Just want to know how to get more hdd space

according to pulp fiction, you simply buy a bigger HDD (the 2.5" ones i believe) and take out your existing HDD, have it unlocked by professional, and ghost all the data to the bigger HDD, and put it back into your unit, and it should work.
[quote name="Anonymous"]according to pulp fiction, you simply buy a bigger HDD (the 2.5" ones i believe) and take out your existing HDD, have it unlocked by professional, and ghost all the data to the bigger HDD, and put it back into your unit, and it should work.[/quote]

do you know of any professionals in the boston area?
[quote name="scuba335"] [quote name="Anonymous"]according to pulp fiction, you simply buy a bigger HDD (the 2.5" ones i believe) and take out your existing HDD, have it unlocked by professional, and ghost all the data to the bigger HDD, and put it back into your unit, and it should work.[/quote]

do you know of any professionals in the boston area?[/quote]

No need. The services are online. You download their software to your PC, hook up the 2.5" drive from your Z1 to your PC using an adapter and their software unlocks it for a fee. In the case of the Z1 hdd it does it in about 5 seconds. Others could take much longer.

Here is the one I used: [url]http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/[/url]
[quote name="Anonymous"]how much does it run to unlock? can you do multiple with the licence? or is it limited to one time? tia[/quote]

See their website. They charge per HDD and discount if you buy larger packages. There are also time limited contracts that are cheaper.
[quote name="Anonymous"]whoa whoa whoa they alredy got stuff out to upgrade the 30gb hdd to lets say a 100 gb??[/quote]

Well, I'm using an 80gig but the partition for the music is only 30 gig. This is the default limit of FAT32 which these drives use. I have not tried the suggestion of using some 3rd party tools to create a larger FAT32 partition.