AVIC411.com

questions about the avic-d3

Just got my d3 installed the other day, and enjoy it for the most part. Have a few questions, though.

1). The first time I turn on the map after starting the car, I get an annoying message telling me to be careful, and I have to hit the OK button. Is there anyway to get rid of that?

2). I get another annoying message, when I turn on the unit, saying it's not hooked up to the emergency brake right. I'm thinking my installers did the bypass, since I've been able to watch DVDs without having the emergency brake on. Is that error message normal for people who have done the bypass?

3). The ipod interface seems wonky. If I pick a song by artist/album, and then change my mind right away, and then hit the MENU button (on the ipod circle interface) it will return me to the artist/album list as it should. But it seems if I wait too long, the MENU button stops working. Is this normal?

4). I like the big SHUFFLE ALL button, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to turn OFF shuffle. Do you really have to push Menu->function->shuffle offx2 to turn off shuffle?

5). Is there a way to adjust the dimmer? Mine is hooked up to my headlights it seems. If the headlights go on, the unit dims. That's fine at night, but during the day, when it's overcast, it makes it hard to see. I'd like to adjust the dimmer level so its not so darn dim.

1. No

2. No, that shouldn't happen. Resetting the deck will usually fix it

3. Yes, seems to be a bug in the software. The menu button works fine sometimes, but not others

4. Not sure, don't think there is an easier way

5. Touch V. ADJ in the system menu, dimmer is like the fifth one down

I just checked this and all it does it change the degree of dimming. I think what the OP as well as I am asking, is if we can disable the whole auto dimming function. Sometimes I like the run my HID's in the daytime even when its sunny. I cant see my screen when I do this.

Most people don't want to run their HIDs in daytime because the people in front of them will think they're a dick. All Pioneers ship with the dimmer turned way, way down so turning up the dimmer UP makes it plenty bright to see during the daytime

I just checked this and all it does it change the degree of dimming. I think what the OP as well as I am asking, is if we can disable the whole auto dimming function. Sometimes I like the run my HID's in the daytime even when its sunny. I cant see my screen when I do this.

You mean the navi warning screen? You can't really get rid of that. If you program in your next route before you turn off the car, you won't have to press OK when you get back in. I always forget or don't know where I am going next, but some do it

How do you fix his issue in question #1?
1. Yes

2. No, that shouldn't happen. Resetting the deck will usually fix it

3. Yes, seems to be a bug in the software. The menu button works fine sometimes, but not others

4. Not sure, don't think there is an easier way

The answer to number 1 is NO!!!

Number 2 means its most likly hooked up wrong and it will probably lock you out soon while driving.

Number 3 is definatly a bug.

Number 4 is NO!!!

And number 5 is either on or off.