AVIC411.com

Pioneer Avic Z1 or Z2... Install in 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid?

Hey guys, been reading around these forums for awhile now and gotta say, you all are great and very knowledgable! Hopefully you all can help me out here.

I just bought a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT for a great deal, and now I want to put in a Pioneer Avic unit, probably the Z1 (but I'm open to other opinions if you want to give yours). My question is, can a double din in-dash unit like the Avic Z1 be installed into the 2005 Civic Hybrids? Is there a kit available or will it take a custom install (God, I hope there's a kit!)?

Has anyone installed a double din unit into their 2003-2005 Civic or Civic Hybrid? I'm new and don't know how to add a picture of the dash opening, but let me try. It looks like it's big enough, but instead of being an exact rectangle, it looks like the top right corner is over to the right more than the bottom right corner.

I really want to buy one of these in-dash navigation units, but need to know before spending that kind of money.

Thanks to you all in advance for any help you could provide me! :wink:

post-7818-12872752415665_thumb.jpg

I know there's a dash kit for the single DIN opening's. When I looked at it it just seemed to easy for there not to be a double DIN kit. I've never seen one but I'm sure it's out there. Don't worry about the top right corner of the radio bezel being more to the right, the dash kit will compensate for this. As for suggestions I'd say stick with the Z series units but the D3 is very similar. Depending on your preferences it might be better.

Hey VBLUE42,

How do you like the Avic D3? I've heard that it's great for the price. Is it a pain having to take out the navigation cds to use the DVD or CD function, then have to put it back in to re-route or enter a new destination?

I'm in the dilemma of choosing between the Z1 and the D3. The price of the D3 is very inviting, but I might would pay extra for the harddrive space and other added features.

Hey VBLUE42,

How do you like the Avic D3? I've heard that it's great for the price. Is it a pain having to take out the navigation cds to use the DVD or CD function, then have to put it back in to re-route or enter a new destination?

I'm in the dilemma of choosing between the Z1 and the D3. The price of the D3 is very inviting, but I might would pay extra for the harddrive space and other added features.

I LOVE the thing. I to considered the Z1/2 as well. I decided to go with the D3 mainly for the ipod interface. All my music is on the ipod so I never use the cd slot. Also, I have taken a 600 plus mile trip to houston from MS and never had to put the disk in the whole trip. Memory nav seems to hold a lot of data. I also chose the D3 for the ipod video functions. This alows me to view videos without having to use the cd slot as well. The Z1/2 had alot of good features but alot I would not use. I didnt need the 10 gig music space on the HDD sience i have the ipod and the price could not be beat. Also the bluetooth option for the D3 is far superior to the option for the Z1/2. A lot of people are still having auto connect and echo probloms with the older bluetooth option for the Z series. The D3 is perfect for me.

Nice. I might have to look a little more closely at the D3, then, because I too have all of my music on my iPod Video. They iPod controls are much better on the D3 than the Z series?

What bluetooth adapter do you use? Is it the same model unit as with the Z1?

Nice. I might have to look a little more closely at the D3, then, because I too have all of my music on my iPod Video. They iPod controls are much better on the D3 than the Z series?

What bluetooth adapter do you use? Is it the same model unit as with the Z1?

I use the CD-BTB200. It works perfectly. The Z series uses an older interface that only works with that unit i believe. There have been a lot of problems with AUTO CONNECT and ECHO with that unit. I know there was an update that was released for the Z1 to address the echo issue but some people have reported that it didnt solve their problem.

man... you have a honda civic! enough said.

He just means you have a properly engineered car. Look at the cavalier which is supposed to compete with the civic. Quality, efficiency and other stuff the cavalier just gets put to shame by the Honda.

Haha, yeah, well, one of you guys is right! :lol:

We're both right. A true car enthusiast can appreciate ANY car for what it is. Im an import guy through and through but I have the utmost respect for the big block guys as well. Watching a late model mustang or f-body stand up on its rear wheels and then go ripping down the 1320 is a spectacle all itself. On the flip side of that, watching a 4 cylinder grocery getting import turn 10, 11, and 12 second passes is equally impressive.

Stop the ignorance :twisted: