AVIC411.com

DVD changer for AVIC D3

Have you guys noticed how neat the display is when you use the built in player on the AVIC D3? it actually build a very useful Menu of songs on that disc

I actually purchased the IPBUS CD Changer thinking that the Auto text functionality would be the same but it is not. Do you guys know of any DVD or CD changers that would do just that? no i'm not buying an IPOD.

Have you guys noticed how neat the display is when you use the built in player on the AVIC D3? it actually build a very useful Menu of songs on that disc

I actually purchased the IPBUS CD Changer thinking that the Auto text functionality would be the same but it is not. Do you guys know of any DVD or CD changers that would do just that? no i'm not buying an IPOD.

Trust me. Before the D3 I was about as anti-ipod as one could get.

But having dozens of music videos, movies, thousands of songs..all in a tiny Ipod..controlled by the D3..is incredible.

I'd rethink the Ipod decision if I were you.

Good luck

What do you mean by "Auto text functionality"???

The IP-Bus changers are CD TEXT compatible...

The M-CD interface is not the exact same as the DISK interface, but it does indeed show title and text info...

Good luck,

Mark

That is what i mean..... if i want a certain song and i cant remember what number it is, then all i have to do is glance the list and press the song button i want. That changer does not do that. it just lists the track number.

The reason I'm not getting an IPOD is because more than 50 Percent of my music collection is on WMA format which the Apple wont turn on the support for. Conversion? sure i can do that. But i am not. conversion will degrade the sound quality no matter if the converted file is capable of producing better sound that wma.

if you rip the same cd on wma and on mp4, then yes , the mp4 will have a better sound per bit rate than wma. (almost unnoticable to the human ear). when you wma into mp4 another story

The M-CD interface is not the exact same as the DISK interface, but it does indeed show title and text info...

Good luck,

Mark

That is what i mean..... if i want a certain song and i cant remember what number it is, then all i have to do is glance the list and press the song button i want. That changer does not do that. it just lists the track number.

The reason I'm not getting an IPOD is because more than 50 Percent of my music collection is on WMA format which the Apple wont turn on the support for. Conversion? sure i can do that. But i am not. conversion will degrade the sound quality no matter if the converted file is capable of producing better sound that wma.

if you rip the same cd on wma and on mp4, then yes , the mp4 will have a better sound per bit rate than wma. (almost unnoticable to the human ear). when you wma into mp4 another story

Point taken. But keep in mind we are talking about the WORST listening environment for music anyways. A car. Im not certain that the sound degradation post-conversion would be that noticeable above the usual db of road noise, engine noise, wind noise, and overall poor acoustics that even the BEST automotive environment provides. And you could always keep your pre-conversion files in a separate folder for use by other audio devices.

Good luck,

Mark

Point taken. But keep in mind we are talking about the WORST listening environment for music anyways. A car. Im not certain that the sound degradation post-conversion would be that noticeable above the usual db of road noise, engine noise, wind noise, and overall poor acoustics that even the BEST automotive environment provides. And you could always keep your pre-conversion files in a separate folder for use by other audio devices.

That was an excellent point. I do have a Lexus and that thing is the quietest vehicle i have ever driven. And don't get me started when i start hearing a small squeak in the car. I will hunt that sucker down like a dog...

But anyways. Did you guys know that apple has support built in for WMA? it just wont turn it on for some reason. Little bastards... :roll:

Trust me. Before the D3 I was about as anti-ipod as one could get.

But having dozens of music videos, movies, thousands of songs..all in a tiny Ipod..controlled by the D3..is incredible.

I'd rethink the Ipod decision if I were you.

Good luck

Thanks for the advise. I actually seriously considering it. but for now. I think the Changer should display the information the right way on the D3. That kinda says that the different design division from pioneer do not communicate very well.