AVIC411.com

Better Microphone for Z2?

Is there a better microphone for the Z2 (or the Z1)?

I drive a convertible, and I am not expecting any microphone to work with the top down :roll: but even with the top up, I am having some problems as my car is somewhat loud. So any suggestions for a good aftermarket microphone with noise reduction?

Without typing a whole lot and wasting a whole lot of time researching on my part, just do a search for something along the lines of "microphone" or "noise cancelling". I think you will find what you need.

Tried that.

Both of these search options are too broad.

Too many posts have the words "microphone" "noise" and canceling" in 'em

I'm just looking for a name and model number.

If someone knows it off the top of his head, just post it please.

I bought this up a long time ago and nobody really had much to say on it. I even discussed this with Pioneer last year and they thought it would help, but couldn't offer up any suggestions. I would be willing to spend money on a mic if it really improved things. The mic they give seems pretty crappy.

The microphone is not the problem! The problem is with the sound processing and noise cancellation algorithm in the head unit. Until that is resolved, upgrading mics won't help.

They should learn from these guys:

http://www.jawbone.com/meet.html

But I also think that a more directional micrpophone would yield better results.

daaaaaaamn, that was impressive. Would be nice if ours worked like that.

jgx is right. The mic is not the problem, it is the software on the unit that is not processing/cancelling sound properly. A very directional mic might help ever so slightly but it won't be a real fix. It is such a basic function and such a major function too, that it just kills me how Pioneer seems to have written it off...