AVIC411.com

Differences D3 and N3

I tried searching but what are the main differences between the two?

Also, the D3 has memory navigation mode right? On Pioneer's site, they talk that up big time on the N3 but there is only a small reference to it in the spec page for the D3...what gives?

Thanks guys

I know the N3 has it to where you can do the tri-mode or whatever you call it. You could essentially watch a DVD on a rear monitor, listen to the radio up front and navigate on the N3's display all at the same time. The D3's video output is tied into what's on the front screen. That's the only major difference besides the built in ipod adapter and various things that come with the D3.

The D3 has a built in iPod adaptor? I thought there was a cable that you had to purchase, "the optional CD-I200 iPod® Direct Control cable" as they state on the website?

So there are no differences in what the Navigation looks like?

for the N3 you need an iPod control box and cable to operate the iPod via touchscreen. I myself like the fact of the flipout screen so it is retracted and hidden when I am parked, but on my new truck I will opt for the D3 for a more OEM look.