AVIC411.com

Stupid GPS antenna question

I have test installed my D3 and everything works, including the hack. BTW, my unit was built in March 07, so that 'installer' that mentioned in another thread that Pioneer had made production changes to circumvent the hack is full of it. Anyway my problem is that I'm not sure how to get the GPS antenna out of its socket. Is the antenna socket the whole gray collar (with a pinch prong) with the metal part inside it or does the metal part only, come out of the gray socket. I'm having the damndest time disconnecting it from the back of the radio TIA

Dave

Its the whole thing gray plug and metal. Yes it tends to be a pain in the ass to get out. You have to press pretty hard on that tap to get it to release from the avic. I normally use my car key or a small flat head screw driver when I have to disconnect those.

I have test installed my D3 and everything works, including the hack. BTW, my unit was built in March 07, so that 'installer' that mentioned in another thread that Pioneer had made production changes to circumvent the hack is full of it. Anyway my problem is that I'm not sure how to get the GPS antenna out of its socket. Is the antenna socket the whole gray collar (with a pinch prong) with the metal part inside it or does the metal part only, come out of the gray socket. I'm having the damndest time disconnecting it from the back of the radio TIA

Dave

Agreed, my D3 has the March 2007 build date and the bypass went just fine.