AVIC411.com

07 altima and PAC-SWI PS

I am trying to hook-up the steering wheel interface to my 07 altima and am having no luck with the interface recognizing the controls.

This is my second unit and I can't get it to work with my D3, but specifically the steering wheel controls is the issue with programming. PAC's website says run two wires into the SWI white wire, 1 with a 560 ohm resistor. Run another factory wire to ground and +12V switched.

I can get the SWI to the correct version, but that was easy, I just can't get it to recognize the control buttons properly.

If someone with experience programming the SWI in an 07 altima please give me a shout, or clue, or please help me to troubleshoot, its all I have left on my install.

Probably a silly question, but did you run a ground wire to what, I am guessing, is the 3rd wire coming from your steering wheel controls?

I'm in the middle of doing an install in my '06 xterra, and had the SWI-PS working with no problems, based on the following particulars:

- red wire from SWI-PS to switched 12v power

- black wire from SWI-PS to ground

- white wire from SWI-PS to 2 resistors, to 2 of the wires from the steering wheel

- ground wire to the 3rd wire (blue?) coming from the steering wheel

- programmed the SWI-PS to mode "3"

I mis-read the PAC instructions initially, and grounded the blue wire on the SWI-PS harness, instead of the 3rd wire from the steering wheel. Of course, nothing worked with this setup, but once I swapped the ground to the steering wheel, everything worked like a charm.

yes, I had the black wire grounded

the setup the instructions said was as follows:

pac red to +12V switched

pac black to ground

pac white to two steering wheel controls, 1 with 560 ohm resistor, 1 without resistor

yes, I think its the blue from the steering wheel that I grounded

any other suggestions, I really need to speak with someone who did this in an '07 altima

Don't know if this will be much help, but just had a guy from Best Buy install this for me last week and he was pulling his hair out trying to get the buttons to work correctly. After he was finished he told me it took two of them to do the programming since they had to set certain buttons in different intervals.

Might want to get someone to help you, if your still having issues I could stop up and talk to the guys at BB to get all the info.

If you could that would be great if you actually found out exaclty what they had to do to get the controls to operate the SWI.

How much did they charge? and did they install the rest of your system?

At this point I just want the steering controls, I'd be willing to pay an installer.

I had problems installing my pac swi ps in my nissan... but it turns out i misread things...

your red power wire on the pac unit should be hooked up to your accessories red wire on the harness, not the +12V constant yellow.

After i corrected that I was able to program the version and buttons just fine!