AVIC411.com

Illumination vs. Dimmer in a 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4DR

When I installed my D3, I connected the orange/white wire from the vehicle harness to the orange/white wire on the AVIC harness. The dimming on the AVIC works fine except that if I have my guage lights in the car turned all the way up...the AVIC won't dim. So currently I have my guage light knob turned down a little bit so that when I turn on my lights, the AVIC will dim.

I would like the AVIC to dim when my lights are on regardless of how bright my guage lights are, so I need some help with those of you who have experience/knowledge in regards to the illumination and dimmer wiring.

If I connect the dimmer wire from the vehicle harness to the illumination wire on the AVIC...will the AVIC dim regardless of my guage lights? I don't remember exactly, but I recall the illumination wire on the AVIC requiring a 12V signal to trigger the dimming. I'm not sure if the illumination wire coming from the vehicle is 12V when the guage lights are on the brightest. Can anyone confirm?

The reason I'm asking about all this...is because it would be 100x easier than running a wire to tap into my parking lights (tapping into an interior light would not work since the guage light knob controls all the interior lights.

Thanks!

Jeff

• 9 months later...

Quick question guys.

I've the same generation Accord, an 02 Coupe V6. Whereabouts is the Solid Orange wire? Is it in the stereo harness? I was hooking up my D3 unit today the other day - everything works great, but obviously no dimming function at the moment.

Greatly appreciate the help