AVIC411.com

D3 Bypass sometimes working?

I installed the D3 last night into my Scion tC and performed the bypass with the mute wire in the white harness and grounded that wire to the chassis of the car. Next I grounded the green parking brake wire on the black harness to the headunit ground wire coming from the factory harness. The black ground with the spade connector was also grounded to the chassis of the car.

I went for a test drive and everything appeared operational with the bypass.. I was able to watch a dvd while casually driving around, didn't get a chance to get up some speed to make sure it worked...

Then today on the way to work the screen popped up saying the general thing about not being able to view videos while you drive thing.. so what should I check? I did the mute wire trick properly, it's locked securely in the new position in the harness and should definately making good contact.. so any other ideas?

Secondly, is there a way to disable the D3 from complaining about the parking brake wire being hooked up improperly? I hope I don't have to keep hitting the "OK" button at the bottom every time I drive the car because of the parking brake wired being grounded.

Jay

Well you were right cntrylvr79, upon inspection again, I realized the white harness was not plugged into the back of the D3 all the way.. that sucker is a bit hard to snap in if you're not holding the unit properly ;) So now everything works great and no more nagging about the parking brake wire!

Thanks for having me check it out again!

Jay