AVIC411.com

06 4runner install questions

I have an 06 4runner without the JBL. . . .

I just got the Z1 from ave6 and will soon be ordering a circuit for the bypass. I was wondering if there is anything else I need for the install. I spoke with a couple of car audio shops in San Antonio and one shop told me that they can use the stock stereo mounting brackets. . . and the other told me it fits cleaner with other mounting brackets. Also, Ive read people talking about a wiring harness?

What other parts other than the HU, extra components, and circuit bypass do I need for the cleanest possible install?

Thanks
I have been talking to PAC about getting the bluetooth buttons to work...Basically, you can use the PAC SWIPS for all functions except the bluetooth but then you can use the SWIX and program it to use the bluetooth buttons...or you could use the SWIX and program all the buttons...I am going to use both becuase I heard the PS is quicker than the X
what buttons in the 4runner do you plan on programming with the X to function as bluetooth and voice command?

anyone know of aftermarket buttons that will fit in factory slots that you could program to work with the X?
[quote]what buttons in the 4runner do you plan on programming with the X to function as bluetooth and voice command?

anyone know of aftermarket buttons that will fit in factory slots that you could program to work with the X?[/quote]

Anyone have any suggestions/recs about this?
These are the components that you need to add bluetooth buttons to your 4Runner...I did it to my 2006 Sport...[url]http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=840&chapter=ARM8415&appSectionid=2575&groupid=51862&subgroupid=2634&componentid=2444&make=34&model=Land%20cruiser&year=2004&graphicID=8415245&callout=9&catalogid=2[/url]
Here is a picture of what the buttons look like (, they will go on the right side of the steering wheel where there is a blank plate. Install was very easy. All you need to do is take off the two side plastic plate covers. Behind each one you will find a torx screw. Remove each and the horn/airbag assembly will slide off easily. Once in there, you will see a philips screw covering the left control (volume, mode, channel) and the right control (blank). Remove both. Attach the ribbon cable part to the left control module and run it to the right side. You need to use the PAC SWI-X if you want these buttons to work, and you have to purchase the CD-SR1 ([url]http://www.electronicexpress.com/product?prod_id=9339[/url]) in order to program it. I am using the SWIX for the blutooth buttons and the SWIPS for the volume and others because it is quicker. [url]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/Mark986/DSC04515.jpg[/url]
Any questions let me know...