AVIC411.com

I haven't read about anyone tapping their R or VSS from their instrument clusters. I already tapped the R signal at the cluster.

My wiring and pinout diagrams in my FSM show two wires at two pins in the same harness from the VSS to the instrument cluster. So long at I'm getting a variable current at speed, I assume either would be okay? Anything else to look for?

Instrument cluster is a good source, if you can't find it at your radio plug. I'm running it from the instrument cluster. However not all instrument clusters work. Some send the speed signal over a data feed that the Pioneer can't translate. I ran into this problem w/ a 2004 Ford Sport Trac.

Instrument cluster is a good source, if you can't find it at your radio plug. I'm running it from the instrument cluster. However not all instrument clusters work. Some send the speed signal over a data feed that the Pioneer can't translate. I ran into this problem w/ a 2004 Ford Sport Trac.

you could have just used the grey/black at the pcm under the hood on the sport trac

you could have just used the grey/black at the pcm under the hood on the sport trac

There was no grey/black wire at the PCM in this sport trac, nor was there a grey/black at the radio housing. However after extensive research and ordering ford wiring diagrams I eventually found a useable grey/black from the windshield wiper motor. Apparently the windshield wipers were speed sensitive.

• 7 months later...