AVIC411.com

Best Buy Service

I thought I saw this posted on this site, but it may have been somewhere else.

I read somewhere that if you send out your unit for service, Best Buy has 2 weeks to get your unit back to you, or you get a new unit for free.

Is this true at all? My guess is no but its worth a shot to find out...

Not true at all. The way their service plan works is the unit goes to the service center first. IF it can't be fixed there, then it goes to the manufacturer for repair. If the repairs are deemed too expensive by the service center then a credit for the purchase price of the unit is issued, and you get that towards a newone. However if a new unit is less than what you paid for the broken one, you DO NOT get that money back. They will price adjust the new unit up to what you paid for the old one. The estimated return time they give is just that, an ESTIMATE. It doesn't gaurantee that the system will be returned to you by then. The other part of the service plan is the no lemon policy. Which means if the unit is send out and repaired 3 times, on the 4 time after verifying that there is something broken they will again issue a credit for the purchase price.

Any other questions about the best butt serive plans?