AVIC411.com

My d1 in map mode is a little off. It shows right area and street but the cursur is about 1/8 of a inch off the actual street you are traveling on. Is there some calibration that need to be done to fix this issue? Fine if you know where you going but a real pain if you are using it to rte you and it doesnt register you are on the correct street. Thanks for any help

book says over time u can develop anomalies when the GPS and VSS arent connected and talking...

id connect your VSS and do some driving and see if that tightens things up

i had a similar issue... for about 2 weeks ive been driving around on a busted GSP antennae and finally the other day i noticed where i was VS roads didnt correspond... sure enough that was why... i fixed the issue today and so far things seem to be correcting themselves

If you go in to the hardware setup screen, there's the "modify location" which will allow you fine tune your actual location on the map. I've heard that it works quite well. Personally, mine seemed to be fine, and a heck of a lot more accurate then the portable unit I had before this.