AVIC411.com

2003 Lexus IS300 Install Help

Hey guys, I'm about to buy myself a D3, and am trying to do all my research before hand, and have a couple questions.

1. I read that the VSS wire is quote "Speed Sense red/yellow abs and traction ECU". So this means it is the red/yellow wire that is connected to the traction ECU? I tapped into an ECU fuse/power source before, and very bad things happened. Will this one be safe? When I tap it, do I just use the T-Tap type connectors?

2. Where is the Reverse Light wire thing?

3. Does anybody know if the illumination wire is orange/white or just orange?

4. I still don't have my D3, so I'm a little confused about the bypass. If I connect the Mute wire to the other pin, how will I ground it? Is the other end, as well as 1 end of the parking brake wire free? Is it safe to use 2 T-Taps to connect both the Mute and PB wire to the black ground wire in succession ( --Tap-----Tap-----()spade ) and then ground that black wire?

My wiring harness also has it's own ground wire, but I don't know how that gets grounded yet. So would I connect the D3 black wire to the harness, than the harness to whatever need be?

Ex: ------PBtap-----MUTEtap-----==solder==------wiring harness ?

Thanks for the help! I can't wait until I install this thing :)

Andrew

1. I don't know, never installed in that car.

2. Reverse Light is red/black, in the driver side kick panel, harness to rear

3. Radio Illumination for your car is green, at the radio harness

4. You remove the mute wire from current position, and put it into new slot. Don't loop it around, so yes, one end will be free.

I did my best to search. It's pretty hard to search on this site, doesn't link me directly to the post or anything... I read a lot of people saying they were going to do what I said, and ground them all together, but nobody really confirmed. So is it OK?

And any additional info on the Reverse Wire? This is the forum where we request wiring help right?

• 1 month later...